Saturday, July 30, 2011

Flying for Ever in the Sky

            I guess everybody has lost a loved one, a parent, a brother, a sister, a friend, etc. It is a very hard moment when you lose someone you love. You may feel very sad and devastated, because you are going to miss him / her a lot. When a friend of yours is passing through an experience like that, support them; make them feel that they are not alone.
One day, about four years ago, when I was at school, my mom called me; she said she was not going to be able to go to school that day. She said I had to go to a friend’s house. Two of my friends both said I had to go with them, so I called her called asking with which of them did we had to go. She said we had to wit the second one; her voice sounded very low and as if she was very sick, but she was not sick when I went out of home, so I thought it could not be that. Though, I never thought of what was going on. I didn’t know why, but I still didn’t ask why we had to go with them, I just did it.
Everything was as usual, we ate, I finished making my homework with my friend; we even started to play Play Station for the whole evening. It passed a lot of time until my parents came for me and my brothers. When they came for us, we grabbed our things and go to say hi to them. Everything was normal until that moment. When we were outside my friend’s house, they said they had to tell us something; that was when I got kind of scared, but it was going to get worse. She said:
        -Your uncle (who was a pilot) just had an airplane accident this morning,
      That was when I got even more scared, and she continued:
       -and he died.
When she said that, I felt that horrible sensation in your throat when you want to cry; I felt that for the whole funeral. She started to cry a lot. They said we were going home to change our clothes because we were going to the funeral. I received some text messages from friends giving their condolences. I could only think on the last time I saw him, at my grandma’s birth day; my cousins and I played Rock Band and then adults started playing with us, we even recorded him playing the game’s guitar, my dad at the drums, and my mother’s brother singing “The eye of the tiger,” by Survivor.
We went to funeral, my aunt was very sad; she does not even remember what people told her. My cousin was better than what I expected, even though he is the same age as me and he understood what was happening, unlike to my other brothers who did not understand what was happening; my grandma took pictures so that my little cousins see them when they grow up enough to understand. My aunt almost faint on the funeral. At the end, my aunt and my cousin threw a rose on my uncle’s coffin.
We stayed about three days to sleep at their house, and my grandparents stayed there longer. They needed support and company. My aunt cried for my uncle for a lot of days. Their anniversary was at the same month as his birth day and my aunts birth day; that month was one of the hardest ones for his family.
We all loved him a lot, we had a very close relationship with him and his family, and we know we are going to see him again. Now, he is with his son, who died at his birth. He was going to El Salvador, but his destiny wasn`t there. He died doing what he loved, now he doesn`t need his airplane, now he flies among the sky and he will do it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment